Kisii Governor James Ongwae has clarified on the Kisii Coronavirus case that was announced on Tuesday by Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe.
In a statement, Ongwae told Journalists that the case was not in Kisii but of a resident who had travelled from Dubai and was held in Nairobi immediately on arrival in Kenya.
“I wish to state that the we have been briefed that the patient had travelled from Dubai to Nairobi and was being quarantined in Nairobi where samples were taken and testing done which unfortunately tested positive. It has been further confirmed that the said person has not travelled to Kisii in the recent past,” Read the statement.
The Governor has called upon residents to be vigilant and always adhere to the Ministry of Health’s Directives.
“I urge all residents of the county to continue following all guidelines already issued by the Government on maintaining Social Distancing and upholding hygiene to help kick out COVID 19,”
.The Kisii case raised mixed reactions on social media immediately it was announced because the CS Did not give in-depth details of the Patient.
Mutahi Kagwe announced 14 new cases, seven from Nairobi, Two from Mandera and Mombasa. Kisii, Machakos, and Kiambu have so far recorded only one new case.
The CS said the two cases from Mandera were travelers from Mombasa County. The president on Monday banned movements in and out of Nairobi, Mombasa, Kilifi, and Kwale.
The Total Number of Positive cases in Kenya has risen to 172. Already the Government has put in Drastic measures to curb further spread of the virus.