Kisii DG Maangi’s assault case withdrawn, Female domestic worker apologises

Share this story

 

A female domestic worker who had filed an assault case against the Kisii Deputy Governor Joash Maangi early this year has willingly withdrawn the case and apologised.

Jacklin Nyanchama Nyabuto who was a former employee at the Deputy’s home told the media that her actions were politically propelled and her life has since deteriorated.

Addressing the Media in Kisii on Tuesday, the woman who is a family dependant has pleaded with Maangi to have mercy and forgive her so that she can resume work. She said she has children who she is unable to feed and pay for their basic needs.

“I filed an assault case against Deputy Governor Joash Maangi who was my employer. I have withdrawn the case and hereby apologised to him. I plead with him to reinstate me because my life has been worse,” She Said.

She added, “My life has been worse, i have children who depend on me. Others are in high school and am totally crippled financially. I plead with him to allow return to work so that i can feed my family,”

On 17th March 2020, the deputy Governor whose cars had already been withdrawn was summoned and recorded a statement amid Corona virus pandemic at Kisii Central Police station. He was represented by lawyers MP Sylvanus Osoro and former Kisii County speaker Kerosi Ondieki who accompanied him.

Maangi had termed the move as short term juvenile political wars and pure fabrications.

“I was summoned by the Police to appear at the Police to answer to allegations that I assaulted one of my domestic workers. The allegation which is not true, It’s a pure fabrication but because I am a law-abiding Citizen have done my part,” Said Maangi.